Sunday, October 5, 2008

Middle America

My husband is literally in the middle of America. Eric left Saturday at 6 am to drive across country. Our good friend Randy is driving our second car- thanks Randy! The first night they spent in Grand Junction at Eric's grandmother's house. He enjoyed the Rockies this morning; they even got some snow at the summit. Then, they were off the flattest part of our country. He is not impressed by the high winds and striking lack of anything scenery. Tonight they are in Salina, Kansas. They have two more days of driving to go and will total 2,720 miles. Audrey and I fly out in the morning (we got the best end of that deal). Please pray for our safety as we all travel.


View Larger Map

3 comments:

Lisa..... said...

We're going to miss you!!!! I hope you have a wonderful life in Maryland.

Jamie Stavenger said...

Ugh! I know the feeling. My trip was much shorter, but I remember vividly driving through Nebraska with NOTHING around. I hope he gets there soon!!

A said...

Whoa! What a journey!