Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Cherry Blossoms

When we decided to make this big move across the country, one of the things I was most excited about was being so close to Washington DC and being able to see the Cherry Blossoms every year. Eric and I came to visit his family three years ago for Easter but I was disappointed to have missed the peak by only a few days. I have been looking forward to seeing them since I moved, but I had to first endure winter. We went last Thursday. It was a gloomy day, but the blossoms were amazing. It was like snow in a weird way, kind of like that fight scene in Kill Bill, but with a striking lack of Samurai swords. There were a lot of people for a week day, I cannot imagine what Saturday must have been like. I am already hoping that next year it will be sunny when I go.



2 comments:

Esther said...

Wow, we can't wait to make a visit in your area. It's beautiful! I have never gone to the East Coast during the Fall season, but I hear it's the best.

It's great to hear how you guys are doing with your move and adjustment.

As far as shaving heads go, I don't think Audrey needed it--the only reason we did with Ayden was the fo hawk (sp?) she had was looking rather funny. When we shaved Esther's it was for sanitary reasons (lice)--yet another reality of living here.

Not to spoil your idea or anything...but some of the Go India is not by choice. :)) hehehe!

It was good to hear from you guys! We miss you and hope we can see you when we make a trip out your direction probably sometime in late Winter/early Spring of 2010.

Lisa..... said...

How fun!! My stepson was there too for his eighth grade D.C. trip.

It's good to see you guys so happy.