Saturday, August 25, 2007

The Peachicks are here!

Every year I look forward to seeing peachicks (baby peacocks). They usually start appearing around June or July. This year I was very distracted by the arrival of my our baby, but I was sad that I did not see any peachicks... until now.

A peahen and her peachicks

I got to thinking that many of you have not seen the Farm and some of our animals. So here is a little bit about where we live and the pets we live with...

Our House
















Our Backyard


















Our Noisy Neighbors:
The Peacocks










Our Parrot

Avery our Double Yellow Headed Amazon was our first pet. My family always had parrots growing up. After bird-sitting my dad's African Gray three years ago, we decided to become "bird people" too. Avery is very friendly. She loves people, singing and laughing. Her new talent is crying exactly like Audrey, so much that we have to check Audrey's crib to see if it is her. We are really in trouble when both Audrey and Avery are crying at the same time.

Getting into my purse


The Ducky was
beheaded five
minutes later.




Our Cat


Peyton joined us last year. Someone abandoned her near our gate during the really bad frost around Christmas time. She was only about 8 weeks old. She came running up to me in the dark and I almost brought her home but I thought Eric would get mad at me. I brought Eric to the gate when he got home from work and we were at Walmart 15 minutes later buying kitty litter, food and a bed.



Our Chicken & Rooster
Rudy and Helen joined us last summer. They were another case of the unwanted animal thrown over the fence. They started sleeping on Eric's grill until the day they jumped onto the hot grill lid. After that we decided to keep them in the unused chicken coop the house.

Rudy flew into the watering can and got stuck on day.




Another day he decided to play dead
and I fell for it.




Helen lays a little light green egg every couple of days.
They are very tasty.





Our Bunnies

Yes, we also have rabbits (making that six pets). Cooper gave birth to Penny shortly after Buster (the dad bunny) died this Spring. We kept her so Cooper would not be alone. We ended our phase of baby bunnies.



Penny as a baby bunny

No comments: