Tuesday, July 22, 2008

What am I selling now?

Last year one of my students took a few pictures of our family and in return, I let him sell some of the pictures on his iStockphoto. I didn't think much would come of it...I was just doing a friend a favor. For those of you unfamiliar with iStockphoto, the model (me in this case) signs away rights and the photo can be bought and used in any way the purchaser wishes. Anyway, I have now been downloaded (bought) 228 times and in addition to pushing T-mobile careers onto unsuspecting Pandora listeners, I am now advertising a multi-level marketing company. I will not go into MLM structures except to say that I am not a fan. Needless to say, I am feeling a bit prostituted around the internet. Here is a screenshot of the page and if you want to go watch the actual video you can do that too. I show up quickly at the beginning and again at the end. Ugh!

4 comments:

Rahime said...

Betcha you're not gonna be doing any more photo shoots for iStockphoto anymore. :)

If it's any consolation to you, Monavie is supposed to be a reasonalby good product...tastse nasty, but people swear by it. Don't know about the whole BDU thing though.

Kevin said...

they should give you an honarary degree. I've always wanted to get one of those from a college without doing any of the school work!

heres hopin for the future!!

Lori said...

Don't be a hater now, Monavie is a great product, although I agree that most MLMs are a waste of time. BDU is just a website to help Monavie distributors. "Black Diamond" is one of the highest ranks in the Monavie company, thus the "black diamond university" name. Check out the juice... it's good stuff!

photoqueen said...

That is awesome...we did the same thing with Drew's little debut...we signed away everything for one payment. But now you have something to put on your "Print Model" resume!
Get out there and get some!