Friday, May 8, 2009

Week with Lidia

My dear friend Lidia came to visit for a week. It was so much fun to have her and do some more
exploring. Maryland welcomed her with a heat wave and then some of it's finest rain.

I had to take her to Monticello, even though I had visited less than a month ago. It was shockingly greener than last time.


No, I am not above walking my daughter.
Audrey loves her Monkey.
Some good buck teeth, thanks Eric!
A good close up.

This was so amazing, a tree grew hugging another tree.The most beautiful tree flower.

Lidia's great new haircut!
We also went to DC to see more Smithsonian's!
A few of my favor painting from the National Gallery of Art.
On the Mall.
We rode on the Carousel in the middle of the Mall. Audrey was more excited after the fact. She kept saying, "I ride horsey" over and over the next few days.
Maryland (and I am sure other parts of the east coast) has these cocoons everywhere in the trees this time of year. Usually I see them in the bare trees on the side of the freeways. I always wondered what was in them. I found some closer ones on a walk to the Nature Preserve by our house. I was both intrigued and disgusted with my (Lidia's too) finding, communal living caterpillars. I just hope they turn into butterflies.

No comments: