Monday, August 17, 2009

Philly

Today we spent the day in Philadelphia which is only 1 hour and 45 minutes away. Eric had a lunch meeting there and Audrey and I joined him. I had been there 15 years ago, but thought it would be fun to do the touristy thing there. Unfortunately, I learned that most of Philly is closed on Monday. I even did my internet research ahead of time but found it was useless since things that were supposed to be closed were open and things that were supposed to be open were closed. Nevertheless, Eric joined us for some site seeing and Philly Cheese Steak eating after his meeting and we made it a good (but very hot) day.
Independence Hall looks so small with all the tall buildings around it.

Homes in Elfreth's Alley. The cool thing is that people really live there.Historic Boot Scraper
Cheerio time!
Besty Ross House (she sewed the first American Flag)
Benjamin Franklin's grave. I cannot believe they charge to go into a cemetery.

2 comments:

Lisa..... said...

We're debating a trip to Boston or Philly next summer. I've never been either places. Any thoughts or recommendations?

Ashley Lapointe said...

I have not been to Boston yet, but Philly was great!