Sunday, September 27, 2009

Audrey and I spent last week on the North Carolina Outerbanks with my dad, Arlene, and Grandpa Deans. Audrey had a great time with her grandparents and great-grandfather and reveled in all the attention. It was about a six hour drive each way. Eric, sadly, had to stay home and work.

Audrey favorite part was time at the beach.

She likes to wear sand as an extra layer of sunscreen.

East coast beaches look so different with grass and dunes.
I learned these gates help build up the dunes.

People on the Outerbanks are serious fishermen.
I saw many trucks with these built on gear rigs for all your fishing supplies.

We visited the Wright Brother Memorial.
The hat swap.

Cape Hatteras Lighthouse

The beaches were beautiful.

We also visited the NC Aquarium which my zoo pass got us into free.
Audrey was proud to pet (touch) a baby alligator.

We had a great time beaching and exploring. I am still fascinated at all the places to visit on the east coast.

1 comment:

CC said...

I checked your blog hoping for a new batch of pictures. You guys are going on so many adventures! Thanks for sharing them.

-Cami