Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Post Toast

As most of you know I am pregnant and experiencing symptoms that go along with that, mostly nausea. Being nauseated with a toddler presents new challenges that you don't even think of with your first pregnancy. Wiping up a messy toddler after mealtime or changing a stinky diaper can throw you over the edge if you are already nauseous. Luckily, I haven't had to throw up if front of Audrey too often. I usually (every morning) run to the bathroom as soon as I am vertical to throw up before getting Audrey up. My nausea (at least the throwing up part) usually isn't too bad during the day, but then flares up again after dinner and after she goes to bed. She has witnessed it from afar before and asks me if I am "spiting." This morning, I wasn't so lucky... after my toast breakfast Audrey and I went upstairs to get ready for the day and I felt it coming. I threw everything up with Audrey right beside me. She was so sweet and concerned, "Mommy, are you sick?" She even went down stairs to get my water for me (she is really good and cautious with the stairs, so don't worry all you moms out there). After I was done, she said, "My turn!" and proceeded to pretend to throw up. Oh, how they mimic everything!

1 comment:

Marie said...

I can almost hear her little voice. I miss you guys.

Marie