Thursday, July 22, 2010

"Aunt Lanta"

Sunday we got back from our double wedding, Audrey-flower-girl vacation. The first wedding was my cousin Joni's wedding an hour and a half outside of Atlanta. I guess Audrey has had lots of Aunties visiting her lately, so she called it "Aunt Lanta." Next we headed for a week to the lowest part of the Outer Banks, Ocracoke Island for my mom's wedding. We had so much happen that I am going to try and cover everything in a few posts.
My sister, Rahime came the week before we left to help with wedding preparations, Audrey's birthday and to drive to Georgia with me. (Eric needed to work, so he flew down). Thanks Rahime, for ALL your help and patience, especially on the road trip!


Audrey enjoyed the mini rockers at Cracker Barrel,
our favorite place to eat while on the road.

You really know you're in the country when the mail car is a Jeep Cherokee.


My kids endured some make-shift beds in our hotel rooms.


It was straight into my Mom's arms for Elliott when we arrived.


Friday, before the wedding, the ladies ,including Audrey, were
invited to the Bridesmaid Luncheon at the Georgia Club.
The bride, Joni, and her bridesmaids.

Audrey with Joni

She was a perfect lady until the ice cream came out.

Three sisters happy to be together again.

After the luncheon, my Dad, Arlene and Grandpa Deans arrived.
They were all excited to meet Elliott for the first time.

I was a little anxious to see how Audrey would do at the rehearsal.
I learned quickly that she was ecstatic with her new role.

Getting ready for the big day.

Our Family

The Girls

The Boys
Audrey working the camera


She did great going down the aisle, which I don't have pictures of yet.
There were a lot of oohs and aahs walking down the aisle.
She stalled at the end of the aisle because she ran out of flowers;
Eric got her attention and she ran into his arms.
Later, she said that she was married to daddy,
I think he completely agrees.


After the ceremony during picture time, Audrey went back up the aisle
and collected all her petals, she said, "I want to do that again!"

Flower girl time out for running and hiding in the pews.

Audrey worked the dance floor, dancing in front of
the blue grass band for about 45 minutes.

My mom and sisters with Audrey and I

1 comment:

Jones said...

I love all your pictures! Thanks for letting her be part of our wedding!