Tuesday, August 3, 2010

My Mom's Wedding

A new family

Sunset after the rehearsal

Audrey was a flower girl again,
and loved it!

Eric sang in the wedding. It was beautiful!

The beautiful, elegant yet simple wedding that my Mom
envisioned. The flower girls were quite the sideshow though;
at least the two three-year olds. They kept busy stealing each
other's flowers, shredding the petals, looking over
the rails, and the list could go on.

Luckily, my Mom didn't seem to notice.

Mr. and Mrs. Larry Moran



My mom and her girls


Larry and his kids


Rahime and 'Chung


Our family picture


Larry's daughter's family,
the Hartts



Larry's son's family,
the Morans


My Mom and her flower girls

The group shot, there were about 50 of us-
pretty good turn out for a destination wedding.


The reception was held at a local restaurant.

My sister's and I made the wedding cakes per my Mom's request.

They turned out better than any of us expected,
but we were at least happy that the Bride was pleased and
proud to show off her daughters.

We made an Orange chocolate cake with
cream cheese marmalade filling,
a lemon cake with lemon curd filling,
a vanilla cake with key lime filling-
all frosted with buttercream icing.

Cutting the cake


This flower girl got another time out.


Eric gave Elliott his bottle


To repay his Daddy, Elliott pooped all over Eric,
but only got a pea-sized spot on himself.


The Newlyweds


The next day we took some time to explore the island. This shows just how humid it was... a foggy lens... I guess you have to defrost the camera before use... new concept to me.

We spotted some happy honeymooners while exploring the island
(it's a small island). They were staying at a B&B for a few nights
before the real honeymoon began.

We ended up having ice cream with them in the "park"
(actually, cemetery- but that just sounds weird).


I loved this island house with the outside shower.

The most beautiful poision ivy I've seen.

That evening we spotted them again (it's a very small island)
and dinner followed with the 30 of us still on the island.


It was a beautiful wedding and a wonderful week.
We are so happy for my Mom and Larry
and wish them the best!











3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Thanks Ashley for the pictures. I wish I could have been there to celebrate but I was headed out for far a way Burundi! Blessings to you and your family. Love, Lynda

Gwendolyn said...

Ashley, Thanks so much for the pics, I'm bubbling over with joy! And what beautiful wedding cakes you gals made. I'm so happy for your Mom, she is one of my absolute favorite people that I met when I was living in Orange County! Love, Gwen

Unknown said...

Dr.& Mrs.Rhea said we are thrilled for Suzie and Larry and your beautiful families.God is so good!!