Sunday, August 19, 2012

Quick trip to SoCal

I made a trip to SoCal with Adeline last week for four full days (plus two days of travel).  I allotted two days to see family and two days for friends - not nearly enough time, but it was such a blessing to travel with just one kid.  The trip was busy with three set of parents to see and several friends. 

Here's Adeline on the plane.  She was perfect the whole trip, letting her first cry out at baggage claim.


Lidia picked me up at LAX on Thurday August 2nd and I headed to my Dad's house after a quick stop at Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf which has not reached the East Coast.  It was nice to have my sister, Rahime from San Fran come down with 'Chung and Eleanor.

Great steak dinner with passion fruit juice

Here are some of the passion fruit that my dad grows

and some grapes

My dad loving on Eleanor

I got to visit the Grant family first thing on Friday morning



Then headed to La Mirada Park for a mini Biola Nursing Class reunion.


Lidia and Adeline

Nine ladies and 11 kids showed up!  Wow, we are multiplying! 

Adeline slept a good bit of the 4 hour visit



Erika and I got to meet each other's babies for the first time

Then, it was a quick trip to visit my high school friend, Matia who is an amazing hairdresser.  Rahime was just finishing up her cut and color.


Next it was back to my mom's for dinner

My sister Lauren came down from San Fran as well. 

Here's Larry and Eleanor hanging out

Lauren brought her new Beau to meet the fam

Eleanor loved sneaking Brembo a treat!

My dear friend Katie joined us from San Diego for dinner.  Katie was on the trip to Romania back in 2000 were Eric and I first meet.

Friday was a full day for this jet lagged girl, 

Saturday morning, Gogo soaked up some baby-love

John and Mary Ann (Eric's dad and step-mom) came down
 from the Valley to see their 4th grand daughter.
They were kind enough to hang out with me while I ran some errands.


We drove down PCH...
to the Rainbow outlet...

to trade these well-loved sandals in for a free pair (since the stitching was coming out).

It was great to see my in-laws!  
Thanks John and Mary Ann for making the drive and running errands with me!

Saturday evening the family headed to a Kenyan restaurant in Anaheim
It was fun to let our taste buds reminisce


A few moments of hanging out with the puppies. 
 Puffin thinks she is a lap dog.

Eleanor loves Brembo

Adeline ready for bed



Sunday morning Lidia and I got to hang out, have breakfast in Pasadena, see her new place, and visit City of Hope (my former work place).






Sunday afternoon and evening we spent with my dad


My little Babushka baby


Here are some pictures of us hanging out at a nearby park




Adeline took her first swing ride here (as did her siblings) and almost had fun.




Monday, I got to spend the morning with my friend Julie, who has known me through many seasons of life.  I was blessed to reconnect with her again.  We had so much fun connecting that I forgot to take pictures. Thanks Julie for an amazing brunch and great conversation!  

Next on Mondays agenda, was visiting Paddison Farm, our first home.

Bob and Margaret are not just my former landlords, but more like the 5th set of parents.

Here they are gooing over Adeline:

We got to visit over old house and I was glad to know that the family
 living there is enjoying it as much as we did!


I was thrilled to visit during fig season and ate all the figs I could!





I got to visit my former neighbors, Sarah and her kids and the peacocks too of course.

This picture was for Elliott 

After the farm, I squeezed in a quick bite to eat with my dad and Arlene,
 because I wanted to see them one more time before I left for Maryland.

My good friend, Kate came over to my mom's house Monday evening to hang out and meet Miss Adeline Rose.  Kate was visiting us last winter and was part of the finally conversations in deciding Adeline's name.  Thanks Kate for helping me convince Eric that she didn't have to be called Addy.




The next morning, Tuesday was flying home day.  
Gogo had a hard time saying goodbye to this little one.



Back on the plane, Adeline continued to prove herself the easiest child we have had.




It was wonderful trip, but great to be back home with the these guys!

No comments: