Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Cousins Wedding/My Birthday

At the end of January, we had some visitors who braved the east coast winter to celebrate my cousin's wedding.  My sister Lauren was in Baltimore for her company's annual staff conference.  She spent the weekend before the conference with us before heading to Georgia for the wedding.
  


My dad and Arlene flew into Baltimore to see the family and drove with Audrey and I to Georgia for the wedding.

We stopped for some barbecue on the road trip.  

Here's Audrey's piggy nose to celebrate great pulled pork.

My Aunt and Uncle put my sisters and I in a sweet little cottage on a ranch.
My sister Rahime, her husband and daughter flew in from California as did my mom and Larry.  It was a great family reunion with my immediate and extended family.



 Audrey loved our home away from home


The next morning, we all hung out before lunch at my Uncle's.

Gogo of course brought toys for the kids.

And we brought toys for our cousin's kids.  We are a gift-giving family!




Lunch at my Uncle's house.  My cousin, Caleb (standing on the left) was the last of the five siblings to get married.  His twin (they are the youngest) got married last year.  It was fun to be there to celebrate since this is the last of their family's weddings.






My dad and his brother

Rehearsal Dinner on Friday Night






My cousin Joni and my sister Lauren

The three Deans girls

She ate the whole plate!



Pregnant cousins 




Saturday morning, before the wedding, my two set of parents and sisters took me out to eat to celebrate my birthday which was the following Wednesday.  It was amazing to be all together and one of the best brunches I have ever had (and I have had a lot of good brunches).






The hot chocolate was a hit!






That afternoon, was the main event... Caleb and Kate's wedding

















Saturday night after the wedding, we all hung out at my Uncle's again.  
We would all part ways in the morning.



My Dad, Arlene, Audrey, and I got back in the car for a 12 hour drive to Baltimore.

Audrey entertained herself while doing homework with this sling contraption. 


Back in Baltimore, my Dad and Arlene stayed a few more days.  My dad helped out with many projects around the house including helping winterize our basement, fixing faucets, and insulating our back door.  We are warmer and very appreciative! 

Many HD trips were made with our littlest helper.





Wednesday, February 4th, was my birthday.  My and and Arlene had to say goodbye to Audrey and Elliott before school since they flew out that afternoon.


They blessed me with a new trash can for my birthday.  Goodbye slimly red beast! 

Hello "smudge-free" shiny can... we will work on destroying you too! 

Max liked the box, until he got stuck!

I baked some muffins (that I could eat) since the kids wanted to celebrate with me.   

We went on a morning walk before heading to the airport.

My "Party"

Eric and I went to dinner at our new favorite place, Parts and Labor.  
Obviously, we enjoyed our food!

Thanks Lidia for the birthday gloves (screen-touch too)!  They are a perfect addition to my winter wardrobe! 

No comments: