Saturday, November 10, 2007

A Year Ago Today...



we found out we were pregnant!  It is amazing how fast a year has gone and how much life has changed.  It really is hard to remember life before Audrey.  I don't know how many of you heard the story of when we found out we were pregnant, so it you would like to hear it read on...It was a Friday morning, eric was at work and I home doing chores.  My friend Erika called me and while we were talking I mentioned that I was three days late (and usually you can set an atomic clock by my cycle.)  Eric and I were pseudo-trying to get pregnant or as we like to say, "not trying not to get pregnant."  The conversation with her prompted me to want to find out for sure.  I called Eric at work and told him I was late and that we should take a test.  I ended up taking it right then with him on the phone.  When I saw that there were two lines I said "Eric I think we are pregnant!"  As he was yelling in excitement, I screamed, "OH NO!"  At that moment, I realized that the utility sink draining the water from the washing machine had overflowed all over the floor.   In the meantime Eric asked "are you disappointed?"  As I snapped back into the conversation, I realized what my poor husband was thinking.  "Of course I am excited, its just that the laundry water is overflowing."  The truth is that I was excited and amazed that there was a life growing inside me.  I did not have a concept for this little one and for how she would change our lives.  Last Thanksgiving we praised God for our pregnancy and announced to our families of the Lapointe baby to come in July '07. This year we will spend Thanksgiving thanking God for our little Audrey.  

1 comment:

doro said...

what a beautiful story!