Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Sick Baby...


I came home from work on Sunday night and could tell Audrey was not feeling well. Late that night she got a 102.9 fever. I took her into the pediatricians office Monday morning. Five hours later we left aware of her double ear infection and bad case of “Cradle Cap” and because some of the tests, a little worried that she might have Diabetes or Kawasaki’s Disease. For my nursing friends out there- she had glucose and ketones in the urine; random blood glucose of 155; and high platelets of 600. By the time we had left she had been catheterized and stuck with two needles. Tuesday, I took her back for a fasting blood glucose check that luckily was 72 (good). We are thankful for a healthy little girl who is back to herself now.

3 comments:

http://alberico.net said...

Wow that sounds scary!

I'm glad she's getting better.

Lori said...

Oh nothing is worse than a sick baby. You feel so helpless. I'm glad to hear that she's feeling better.

Kate said...

kisses for that precious little head xxx miss you guys a lot a bits!