Sunday, September 28, 2008

Farewell Malaika

Tonight my sister and I made the hard discusion to put down our family dog, Malaika. She was about 15 years old and had many health problems. Lately she was having a lot of respiratory issues and my little sister, Lauren had a very rough night with her Saturday night. She continued to have increased effort to breathe and poor oxygenation and we we decided that is was not right to let her suffer anymore. There were about five other families saying goodbye to their pets at the local vet's office. It was so sad. I left wondering how anyone could ever work there then realized that's what people always said about my job. Malaika was a great dog and Lauren loved her like her own child. The house already has a strange silence. I feel like I have already said goodbye to too many pets this week.

No comments: