Thursday, September 25, 2008

Figs


Figs were my summer love. I ate dozens, Audrey did too. I made fig preserves and jam, and fig bars. I never really appreciated fresh figs before. The more commonly seen form of figs is sadly Fig Newtons and most figs found in the grocery store are already dried, both highlighting the seediness which does nothing to promote the delightfully refreshing fruit. Speaking to seed (they are not processed by the body which I discovered and rediscovered far too many times in Audrey's poop). Sorry, back to figs- the tree itself is by far the fastest leafing tree I have ever seen. If I was living at the farm another year, I would do a better job photo-documenting it as the leaves grew in to the spring; I could see the difference on my daily walks around the farm. My love for figs felt justified seeing that it is such a biblical fruit.

2 comments:

http://alberico.net said...

I love figs and think they are underrated.

The Wallers said...

Omg I am so jealous! I searched and searched for figs this season to no avail. Fig jam is THE BEST w/ goat cheese and walnut toasts.