Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Fun in Maryland (and DC)!


We have been in Maryland for two weeks now! My best friend Lidia just visited us for a weeks, so we have been preoccupied exploring our new turf. Here are some pictures of some of our outings.

The Capitol
Walking around DC
Visiting the Botanical Gardens (one of my favorite places)
Orchids
Resting in the Orchid Room

We went to Mount Vernon, George Washington's home or should I say estate.


As you can tell Audrey and Eric spent a lot of time together and his back felt it!
We went apple picking per Lidia's request at Larriland Farms (that rhymes with Maryland- I think they planned that). I have never seen so many apples in my life. I ate about four or five there and we brought 20 pounds home to make apple pies, apple butter and other assorted apple things.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That apple hat is quite possible the cutest thing I have ever seen. Or should I say, Audrey wearing the apple hat is the cutest thing ever. Did you go to the Smithsonian?

CC said...

thanks for sharing the pictures! I loved seeing them.