Tuesday, October 7, 2008

We made it!

http://fairimmigration.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/flag-of-md.png

The Lapointe family is now in Maryland. I arrived last night with Audrey. She did very well on the plane other than 30 minutes when she was trying to fall asleep. It was weird seeing all of our stuff here already. It feels like living in two different worlds at the same time. Eric's family unloaded our truck last weekend- a big job that we are so thankful for. Eric arrived tonight at 5:30 and Audrey did not let go of him to first hour. We have some settling to do before it starts to feel like home, but we are excited to finally be here. In less important news: we really like the state flag.

6 comments:

Leanne said...

I have to agree. It is a very nice flag.

Rachel said...

I'm so glad you made it there safely and of course, I hope you start to feel at home soon! Miss you guys!

The Wallers said...

I'd move there just for the flag. Oregon's has a giant beaver on it...huh.
Anyway, we couldn't be more excited for your new adventure and are SO proud of this leap of faith you guys are making. Keep us all posted!!

CC said...

I just looked over the posts from the last couple weeks on here. Responding to a different entry: I'm so glad to see Audrey got some usage out of the pink heart swimsuit on your vacation! :)

Heard from Roe that you all made it there the other day; glad to hear it.

Don't forget to post some pictures/videos of your new surroundings sometime! Miss you guys!

Andrea Diuguid said...

Welcome to Maryland! I'm a new blogger checking out what else is out there. Where are you in MD? I'm in Olney and I've definitely heard of Larriland so I bet you're not far!

Anonymous said...

It must be quite a culture shock. I grew up back there, and now live utah. I could never see raising my five children there. Good luck!
Although I go back every other year. It's a nice place to visit but.............