Thursday, April 22, 2010

My Dad's Visit

My dad was scheduled to visit and help us work on the house back in February but was delayed by four feet of snow. He was able to reschedule and came last week. We had a wonderful time together and got lots of projects done. Audrey loved having her Grandpa around and tried very hard to steal his attention away from all the house projects. She also tried to "help," handing him all the tools at once. He got to see all sides of her... the energetic constant talker and the sick cuddle bug.
They built a bird house together.

Sick girl getting some cuddles.

Plumbing projects throughout the house was a priority. I was happy to have a new kitchen faucet and water filter installed. He also hooked up our ice maker, from which all of our summer guests will benefit. He also, re-vented my dryer, cutting the dry time in half!


He fixed our leaky faucet and re-grouted the tile in the bath. He made me a coat (actually apron) rack.

He completed numerous other projects along with helping George and Stef with some of their plumbing issue. These 70-year old houses have some plumbing issues!


I, (yes looking very tired here) got a lot of baby nesting things done while he was here... so the nursery is ready and so are we!

I don't know who adores who more!

Thanks Dad for all your hard work!



No comments: