Saturday, October 1, 2011

Hilton Head

Two days after Lidia left, we headed to Hilton Head for some vacation time with my family. We drove to Hilton Head, South Carolina and were treated to a week of fun by my mom and Larry. Joining the fun was Rahime, 'Chung, Lauren, Larry's son and daughter-in-law, two of his granddaughters and his great-grandson. We had a great week, mostly in the water- the beach and pool were great so we made sure to get water 2-3 times a day as evidenced by all of our pictures.
Baby Bunny braving the road



This was the view from a wonderful restaurant, Salty Dog.
Pool time


'Chung, Eric and Michael (Larry's son) playing in the fountain

Liz, Larry's granddaughter and her son, Joshua

Ready for the beach.... Eric even braved the beach solo a few times so that I could go shopping with the girls. Evidently Hilton Head is famous for it's great consignment stores and thrift store- we tried to hit up all but only got to a couple dozen.


At the beach

Audrey and Gogo
My beautiful pregnant sister
We also celebrated my mom's (Gogo) 60th birthday.
Here is the beautiful cake that Rahime (my sister) made and decorated.
When the kids weren't in the water, they were in the cupboards.

I guess that was the only picture I took that was non-water related.
It was a great week, but we had to head back a day early to prepare for Irene.




No comments: