Sunday, January 1, 2012

Fall Recap

Fall came and went! Between life, working, and being constantly nauseous, I had no time to blog. Here is the run down of what we were up to this fall...

Well, it started right after Hurricane Irene... the awful week without power... Elliott got bit by Avery (our parrot of seven years). His finger was partially amputated. We rushed off to the local community hospital...
Were transferred by ambulance at my request after they said, "We will sew it back on and see what happens."
Spent the night in the hospital awaiting surgery by the pediatric hand surgeon, glad I was transferred.
He spent two weeks in a full hard cast, making my life lots of fun, especially since he decided to start feeding himself during that time. We were sad to miss our annual trip to the beach at my Uncle's house. Our fall hick-off was not the best.
Two week after his injury, we saw a double line!


Elliott's cast was off just days before I left for California (by myself!). I went to SoCal for a long weekend for my sister, Rahime's baby shower. It was such a blessing to be there!

Back at home, life trekked along...

Audrey enjoyed being part of a preschool co-opt. Every Tuesday the moms took turns teaching (every 6 weeks). When it wasn't my turn, I usually would run earns with Elliott, who was very sad missing his sister. He would sit there a say, "Audi, Audi?"

The preschool group went on outings on Thursdays. Here are some pictures from the zoo and pumpkin patch:


Eric's dad spent three weeks with us while he remodeled George and Stefanie's kitchen.

On October 30th, my niece, Eleanor Lin-Huei Ting was born and my heart grew a little bigger.
We celebrated Halloween twice, first at our church and then with Eric's family.

Elliott as a kangaroo. Audrey did point out that he went as a girl/mommy kangaroo.
Audrey was a ladybug
Eric as a lumbar jack and I as a (knocked-up) Little Bo Peep
Cedulie (as Dora) with the girls and their pumpkins
Elliott learned to climb and dance on the table
Audrey had lots more creative outfits

Elliott got his first hair cut

And learned the joys to walking in the rain

We enjoyed a newly discovered trail
Audrey was quite the climber

I got to go to NorCal for 6 days to meet my new nephew and niece
While I was gone, Eric hung out with some other daddies and their kids and introduced a new concept, "football dinner" to the kids.

Leaves were raked
I had my first work fundraiser, so fun!

We went on lots of walks and enjoyed the colors
We even made a leaf wreath


Thanksgiving was spent at George and Stefanie's house
No shopping on Black Friday, but lots of canning of apple butter and lemon curd. Yummy!


That wraps up our eventful fall! It was great, but super busy!

2 comments:

Cami C said...

That does look like a very busy fall! In the picture of Elliot on Eric's shoulders on the walk, I think he looks a lot like Audrey did at that age.

I love the leaf wreath! Did you just buy a frame and attach the leaves? Did you treat the leaves with anything? (They look shiny, but it might just be the picture).

Ashley Lapointe said...

Thanks Cami!!!

I think Elliott looks a lot like Audrey at that age- it is so crazy!

For the leaf wreath- I just dipped the leaves in melted wax- that is why they are shiny! The wax dries super fast as you are taking them out, but I also let them finish drying on wax paper. Then all I did was hot glued them to a cheap styrofoam wreath. It was really easy and preserves the fall colors!