Monday, January 2, 2012

Kate's Visit

My dear friend Kate came to visit Dec. 12th-17th. She is my best friend from high school and I am proud to have known her for over 13 years! This was her first visit to Baltimore and we had a blast. She fit nicely into our life routine and was extremely helpful. Thanks Kate for making the trip. Kate is an amazing photographer, she documented our time together beautifully and I am thrilled to have so many great pictures of my kids and city.

Doing life together:

Walking
Shopping

Baking

Bedtime

She did our hair in French braids- something that she did for me numerous times in highschool.

Elliott with his self-created hat
Watching the daily video and pulling hair

Lots of tea, chocolate and Trader Joe's cookies were consumed
during the kids rest-time and our work-time

Kate works at Trader Joe's- one of my favorite places!
I had to take her to ours which resides under a cross street.
I am not sure I could live in a place without TJs!
She was fascinated by the pillars holding up the store

I had to take her to all (at least most of) my favorite places in B'more! Here are some pictures of the places- outside and inside...

Baltimore Art Museum

Paper Moon Cafe

Sweet Sin Cupcakes- my friend's Gluten Free Bakery

Chocolatea- great tea and hot chocolate house
Red Canoe- bookstore and cafe

Baltimore Conservatory and Botanical Gardens

We did some driving tours to show her...

The best of Baltimore...
And the worst...

Some great nature pictures, Kate made winter look beautiful.
I am trying to convince her to come back in the Spring.
This one shows you what a warm November and December we had

My favorite photos of my loved ones (minus Eric)

Some other cool pics

I was SO blessed by Kate's visit and am praying she (and her camera) come(s) again!

3 comments:

Kate said...

Ashley! You are a great storyteller. Love you.
TRYING to CONVINCE me to come back in the spring?! It won't take much ;) xo

Amber said...

I think Kate was my checker at our Trader Joe's today. Does she work at the one near where I live?

Ashley Lapointe said...

Yes, I am sure that was Kate. She works at the RSM TJs! Wish she could be my checker!