Sunday, February 8, 2015

New Year's Day

New Year's morning, we had breakfast with our Pastor to discuss women's ministry.  Then the kids watched the Rose Parade.  I have loved the Rose Parade since I saw it in person as a kid and would go visit the floats after the parade.  I am not used to it starting so late in the day - 11am on the east coast!  While they watched the parade, I undecorated the house.  I love putting up Christmas decorations, but it is always refreshing taking them down.  I feel that I get my house back a little.

That afternoon, we went (I dragged my family out) to the Botanical Gardens to see the Poinsettia exhibit.  It was a quick visit, but I was thankful to see all the poinsettias.  Beware of a few too many poinsettia pictures- I was just so impressed by all the varieties.  


























 That evening, Adeline was complaining of ear pain.  I peaked in her ears with my otoscope and knew we needed to take her in. The next day, the kids were scheduled to go to their grandparents' house for the weekend so we decided to take her to Patient First in hopes that we could still have a Staycation sans kids.  They confirmed a double ear infection and we walked out with a prescription.  It always seems to be a holiday when we are there.  I spent Thanksgiving 2013 in Patient First after several days of high fevers.  Oh well, I am thankful for their great hours and low-cost care.




No comments: