Sunday, October 14, 2007

Back to Work Too

Today was my first day back to work after 17 weeks “off” experiencing a new kind of job as a full-time mom. For those readers that do not know, I am a nurse on the pediatric unit at City of Hope (a cancer hospital.) It was an early morning getting up at 5 am. I have been used to getting up at 5 am to feed Audrey, then going back to bed for a few more hours, so it was a little more challenging to get up and stay up. I have been worried that I would forget everything and even had a bad dream recently that I did not assess any of my patients and forgot to give them all their medications. Lucky for me my nightmare did not come true. I was amazed at how fast everything came back, it was like I slipped into autopilot. I gave chemo after not giving it for almost a year (you cannot give chemo while pregnant.) The highlight of my day was a visit from Eric and Audrey for lunch. Life certainly has changed since my last day of work 4 months ago.

3 comments:

doro said...

I'm so happy for you that everything went well!

Rahime said...

Beautiful! Glad everything went smoothly. How'd Eric do??

Virginia Living said...

I have been praying for you! I knew you would do great going back to work. Those kiddos need you too. :) Although I know it must be so hard leaving that little cutie. I get to meet my little cutie tomorrow!! I'm so excited!