Sunday, September 21, 2014

Crazy Summer Week 1

So I stayed very busy this summer.  My approach (coping mechanism) to the summer was to to stay active doing some sort of outing or activity in the morning that bled into the early afternoon, then have a solid rest time, more play time, and then dinner and bed.  I created a summer bucket list of ideas and had more ideas than days and time.  Some of our weeks we packed our days full.  Our kids fight less and sleep better when they are stimulated, so I super stimulated them.  Almost all of our outing were free or cost very little.

On many of our outings, we saw groups of kids in Summer Camps.  Audrey remembered going to summer camp a few years ago before starting Kindergarten.  She started to complain and say, "I miss Summer Camp. I wish I could go to summer camp again."  I told her that she was in Summer Camp, but I was the camp leader.  I'm not sure if she appreciated that.

Here's what we did the July 21st-25th

Monday- Wyman Park Dell with friends




This remains my favorite picture of the summer.  Elliott's timeout after I told him not to play in the mud.  Of course he claims that he didn't and Collier flicked mud on him- he is probably right, but I don't regret this precious timeout.


Tuesday- Pump It Up





Adeline LOVED the big slide and said "UP!" desperately after every time so that I would carry her up the ladder to the top.








Wednesday Afternoon- Roosevelt Park Pool
We went to the pool straight from the gardens and I somehow grabbed Audrey's size 7 bathing suit rather than Adeline's 2T bathing suit (the suits happen to be a matching pattern, but still), so Adeline just sported her swim diaper.





Thursday, we went to the Walter's Art Museum.






Visiting the Hall of Wonders






 Outside the Museum

 Friday, we finished the week with a trip to Annie's Playground.








No comments: