Saturday, July 18, 2015

Summer Week 2

Highlights of the week of June 22nd-26th...

The kids participated in a free VBS in Hunt Valley.  It was really well done at a super nice church.  I actually had church culture shock going there and even told Eric that I felt like our church was homeless compared to this suburban church.

It was a fabulous VBS with inflatables and water slides and all.


Their children's ministry area looked like a Children's Museum.





Tuesday, Elliott woke up with a fever, so we all ended up staying home.  It was the same thing Adeline had over the weekend, Herpangina, the worse part was mouth sores. 

Adeline's selfies with my unattended phone.


Adeline also managed to jamb Eric's playstation with a second disc (Frozen) the day before and then took a picture of it.

 By Tuesday afternoon, Elliott was feeling better and the kids had a dance party in their underwear.

Then, we had a family game night (adults were dressed). 

Wednesday, I kept Elliott home from VBS, but sent Audrey.  We went blueberry picking that afternoon. 







The berries were slim pickings since it was early in the season and late in the day.


  Of course, the kids like the playground more than the berries.



Elliott found a hornet nest and showed the farmer to help remove it.

Adeline made a new doggie friend.


After berry picking,  I surprised them with ice cream. Since two kids had mouth sores, they were not eating much... ice cream worked well!






They enjoyed watching the cows come in.


 I was thrilled to pick up my repaired Birks.  The broke at the toe and the company would not offer any assistance or a replacement (much to my surprise).  My cobbler was able to fix them to $16 and I wanted to hug him, but refrained.   
 

Thursday, we got to hang out with the Green family while the other kids were healthy enough to go to VBS.  I got to hold baby James, who was 2 weeks old.






Friday, Audrey was sick and skipped VBS. 

The other kids enjoyed their last day of this awesome VBS.

That afternoon, Audrey felt better and initiated a ballet.

Edda came by to give Audrey an early birthday present and say goodbye to us since Audrey and I were heading to California the next day. 


No comments: