Saturday, July 18, 2015

Visit to Rahime's

June 27th, Audrey and I said goodbye to these guys and flew to California for 10 days of fun!



Audrey excited to fly again!

 Arrived in Oakland, ready to see my sisters and nieces and spend week 3 of summer in CA.



Love at first sight!  Penelope was even more precious in person.



Audrey and Eleanor were quick to dress up and play together.


Lauren and the danes


'Chung made us an amazing dinner!


Sunday morning, Lauren took Audrey out for some awesome coffee, brewed one cup at a time, and donuts next door injected with your choice of filling.  I opted for coffee (with mint) and Audrey opted for a donut.  They were two great places to experience.  





Once back at Rahime's, we got to enjoy some cuddles with Penelope (who had awesome magnetic snap pjs).  



I love her tiny head

Eleanor had awesome pjs too (hers did have two arms, but when you arm hurts it needs to be free).

Later that day, we went to lunch and the play ground where Auntie Lauren got to play troll and tickle monster.






We even discovered a new play ground surrounded by Redwoods directly across from my sister's house.  Surprisingly, we had never been there in the 12 years that my sister lived there.  I guess it helps to have kids to discover new places.

Penelope napping

Monday, we attempted this photo shoot before heading down to San Jose.
The first picture went well, but the rest didn't go as well. 





In San Jose, we got to see my sister Lauren's place, then donuts and thrifting. 





Tuesday morning, we went to see the store where my sister worked before Penelope was born.  It was fun to visit this winsome kid's consignment store.


That afternoon, Rahime and I took the girls to the Bay Area Discovery Museum right by the Golden Gate bridge. 




At first, the girls moved through the exhibits and play areas quickly.



I looked like it was going to be a quick trip until we found the outdoor play area.  

It was picturesque. 

They played in this area for over an hour.








Then, on this boat for another 45 minutes. We ended up closing the place.



In-N-Out for dinner was perfect!

Wednesday was a mellow day at Rahime's and we were blessed with the visit of Josh and Dana and their family.  We went to college with Dana in addition to our infamous trip to Romania.




I got some extra snuggles with my new favorite baby.

Audrey dressed up Eleanor

Thursday, we had to say goodbye and make our way south for more adventures include the wedding of one of my dearest friends, Kate.

No comments: