Saturday, October 4, 2014

CA Day 14

Is this trip over yet?  Almost... this was the last day and we all felt done with the "vacation."

Friday, I had coordinated a mini nursing reunion since it has been 10 years since we graduated.  We met at La Mirada Park, so the kids could play.






They fed the ducks, which is something the I used to do in college. 







Audrey made a little bed in the shade. Even SHE was running out of energy.


After the reunion, we made a stop by the farm, to see my former landlords who are dear friends.  They were out of town when we first went by the farm as a family and I wanted to make sure we saw them before we left.  Margaret has always loved our kids and is their adopted grandmother.  




After the farm, we went to my dad's for dinner.  I let the kids veg to in front of the tube since they were exhausted, or maybe it was because I was exhausted.  It was so nice to have some quite time.  My dad, Arlene and I, sat and talked for a couple hours with interruption (thanks TV).  We felt the lack of quality time as adults during the trip.  They expressed a lot of appreciation for us making the trip and spending time together.  It was nice to hear because the trip is a lot of work, with a lot of people to see.  There are many (very many) friends we do not even see unfortunately.  It kind of breaks my heart thinking of those that we did not connect with - church friends, other Biola friends, co-workers - the list is unless and it would probably take a month to see everyone.  It is priceless spending time with family and we tried hard to make that a priority! 

 We left my dad's to finish packing up to head home in the morning.  

No comments: