Tuesday, October 7, 2014

First Week of School

Monday, August 25th was the first day of school.

Audrey, ready for 2nd grade at BIA in French Immersion.  She leaves the house a 7:40am and starts at 8am. We are thankful to carpool with another family in the neighborhood. They drive the morning shift and I pick up. 


Elliott was confused but ready for Pre-K at Waverly.  He leaves the house at 8:30am and starts at 8:45.  We carpool with the same family, but we took Elliott for the first day.


We were blessed to have Eric home that morning since usually he leaves the house by 7:15am.  He was flying to NC for the week in the late morning, but was able to see the kids off to school.

Elliott found his name!

Elliott was very comfortable the first day and everyday since.



The rest of the week felt pretty mellow compared to the summer.  Adeline and I spent the morning together, we did the school pick up rounds in the afternoon and didn't have to contend with homework....yet.

If it wasn't for Max, I think Adeline would miss her siblings more.


I spent some of my free time sewing "lovey blankies" for a friend's son that took to his first edition.

Audrey loves changing out of her school uniform and coming up with creative outfits.  I encouraged her to change before leaving the house to play outside.
I am not sure what we will do when the teen years come.

I have a goal to pack healthier lunches this year.  Thanks Elisa for these great lunch boxes!

I survived a solo-parenting week and even managed to pack for our weekend trip to the beach (coming soon) - it helped having two kids in school all day. I am always thankful after a week alone that I am not a single parent. 

No comments: