Saturday, August 10, 2013

Camping Trip

Camping with our church friends this year landed on Eric's birthday weekend.  The camp ground was only 45 minutes away from home, so I opted to go during the day and sleep at home with Adeline.  It was a good trip - very hot, lots of rain, lots of kids (15 total), and still plenty of fun to make it worth it.  




The other random and fun thing was that Eric's cousin and his family were driving home from Virginia to Canada and stopped by to say hello (or Bonjour).  It was a quick visit, but really awesome for Eric to see him after over a decade (or two) and for me to meet them.  They also have three kids and I was amazed at the genetic similarities.  I thought, wow this is where my kids came from.  I wish we took more pictures and got the kids all together, but it didn't happen.  Their three year old son was blonde and looked so much like Elliott.  The older girls had brown eyes and blondish curly hair.  It was just more encouragement to go visit Jonquiere, especially with Audrey speaking French now.  Maybe next year?!    


No comments: