Saturday, August 10, 2013

Grandview Island

July 27th, we headed for a quick day at the beach, on Grandview Island (near Hampton, VA) where my Uncle Scott lives.  

He built this beautiful house. 


My uncle was in the middle of racing his sun fish sail boat around the 7 mile island when we got there.  We met them on a bridge close to their house, while the racers where passing by.  The big kids (and Eric) got to ride back to the house on the golf cart before we hit the beach where the finish line was  conveniently located.  Of course, my uncle won the race (out of 12 sailors)!   


Audrey and Chaquita- looks like two princesses to me!


The beach was fabulous and the water was warm like bath water.  I am still surprised after spending years in the Pacific.


Aunt Laura and Adeline

Her first trip to the beach.  Hard to see, but Adeline was covered in sand!  


 Loved the outside shower

My Uncle Bob and Aunt Joan joined us at Scott and Laura's house for dinner.

It was so nice to be there, but far to short.  After dinner, we headed about 45minutes north to Williamsburg to meet up with Eric's family for a week long family reunion together. 

No comments: